Friday, April 20, 2007

stinky spouse

Q: My husband, a mechanic, goes days without showering and summer is coming here in Texas- any suggestions?
-Elaine in Austin

A: Elaine, this is interesting. I thought I smelled something funny coming from Texas and all this time thought it was barbecue. Turns out ot have been your husband. This is a tricky situation. The obvious solution is to pour a bucket of soapy water onto him while he sleeps (I'm sure you've thought of that). But it will get your bed wet. A better thing to do is to stop showering yourself. Then go for regular long walks or maybe take up marathoning and sweating to the oldies. I know this will only make things smell worse around the house, but, in the long run, the only way to defeat a stinker is to out stink them. Another option is to play a game I like to call: "Want to get some nookie? Then time to get hosed down in the backyard!"
-DR. Sadie


No comments: