Tuesday, April 24, 2007

An essential (perhaps THE essential) question

Q: Dear Dr Sadie, I've been married for almost 24 years, we've been together about 30. Besides Coach bags, what would be a good anniversary/Birthday present for my wife? How many Coach items does 1 Woman want?
-Lewis

A: Lewis, I'm glad you've asked this question. I've been waiting for someone to ask. The short answer is that there is one thing a woman cannot have enough of: handbags. Why? Is it because a handbag is a singular expression of our individuality? Is it because we need different accessories for different occassions? Is it because styles change and we change with them? Of course. All these are true. But not as true as this: A lady is only as versatile as the number of handbags she has with which to whack fresh suitors. Get handsy with me, fella, and I'll hit you right in the choppers with my Coach Bag. And that goes double for husbands! Still, I thank you for your fine inquiry.
-DR. Sadie


No comments: