Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lisa, meet Ron; Ron, Lisa

Q: Sadie,Where do I find Ron from Chicago?
- Lisa

A: Lisa, well this is an extraordinary letter indeed. Am I being given my rightful opportunity to bring two of my fans together to see if they are suited for love?! To recap... Sometime ago, I received a note from a "Ron" in Chicago asking about how he might find his soulmate. In today's Rudy Park comic strip (Wed, August 29), I gave this poor sap my wise counsel. Then, this evening, I received an inquiry from Lisa asking how she might meet Ron. I ask myself: what does this mean? Is Lisa truly hoping to meet Ron? Is she looking for love too? Have I become the conduit for personal connections among my vast and devoted fan base? If so, you two are perfectly suited for one another. Think of everything you have in common. Both of you worship me and my advice. Both of you believe a man should give a woman foot rubs, cook her jello and grilled cheese sandwiches, and read to her from the farmer's almanac when she has insomnia until she falls asleep. It is destiny! Lisa and Ron; Ron and Lisa. May I be invited both to the nuptials and, of course, the nasty divorce proceedings. Love never works out. But I digress.
Ron, if you're interested in meeting Lisa, send me another note. I will facilitate this historic relationship that would never have happened without Ask Sadie!
-DR. Sadie



No comments: